We all love to eat papaya, well mostly all. It is one versatile fruit which is available all year round and also tastes the same. It is such a powerhouse of nutrients – antioxidant, beta-carotene, fibre, potassium, vitamins to name a few – that not only does it have health benefits when consumed in food, but also when applied on the skin. Yes, the benefits of applying papaya on the face are many. We are only listing 6 for now.
1. Moisturises skin: the enzymes present in papaya help moisturise dry and flaky skin. It provides the needed hydration, leaving the skin soft and supple.
2. Lightens pigmentation: papaya is loaded with skin lightening properties. The enzymes and beta-carotene present in the fruit are great exfoliators which help in removing dead cells. It can clear acne scars and uneven pigmentation on the skin.
3. Anti-ageing properties: the richness of antioxidants in papaya decelerates the skin ageing process. Applied in the form of a pack, it helps in reducing wrinkles and fine lines.
4. Clears tan: the abundance of vitamin A and C in papaya helps to remove tan. When mixed with turmeric and honey, it does wonders on tanned skin.
5. Brightens skin tone: the skin lightening properties of the fruit help in brightening the skin tone and removing dead cells from under the skin.
6. Corrects under-eye dark circles: regular use of green papaya pulp on dark circles helps in getting rid of them faster. Green papaya is a natural bleaching agent which helps erase skin discolouration.